Changing Your Emotional Viewpoint
Hey there everyone,
How are you? Awhh, stop making faces at the computer (I saw that !!)….it’s going to be an amazing day!! 🙂
First up, how about a quick ‘pick me up’ ? No, you don’t have to get up or dance around or jog on the spot for one minute (although that would be good !!). Instead this is a chat about creating an emotion – excitement. Or at least, creating a little distance from excitement’s arch enemy..apathy. We’ll get you moving mentally and then you can dance and jog or do whatever turns your fancy!!
So, let’s face it….sometimes we know the “what to do’s” and “how to do it’s” of weight loss, but we just can’t seem to get the motivation to start. Too much trouble to do. Too long to achieve it. Too many changes to make within an already comforable set of behaviours and habits.
The Strategies For Mental Change
Yet, it is still totally possible for you to do. Furthermore, I know you still desire it and most of the time, you just can’t stop thinking about getting it done. So, how do we turn the thinking into the doing and start making some lasting life long changes? Below are a few strategies for your consideration…
2. Affirmations are powerful. Repeat to yourself – I am ready and willing to create positive change in my life. Repeat daily – mornings is best, just after you awaken.
3. Visualise and meditate. This involves visualising the new, slimmer YOU that is evolving. You can do this without a photograph. First, choose a time when you will have a few minutes on your own, undisturbed by others. After you create the desired image in your mind, just hold that image, while repeating the affirmations in 2 above. I am just giving you a brief overview of this strategy here, but believe me, even just a little quiet time alone and some positive affirmations will be effective.
4. Dream big. The following quote sums this one up – “If you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re probably right”. So why not dream big and ‘think you can’. Just don’t set your sights too low, because if you do that, you’re defeated before you start.
5. Tell yourself that your time has come. This idea comes from my favourite author, the wonderful Wayne Dyer and his beautiful book entitled ‘Inspiration’ , where he espouses that ‘there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.’ Your idea – of a new, improved, slimmer, healthier version of yourself has come.
Otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this blog!!
6. Action. Having already decided that the time for some positive change in your life has come, now all you have to do is to follow this idea to it’s end…and start making the changes you know you need to make.
In my book, REFRAME WEIGHTLOSS, I discuss these ideas more fully and I hope one day soon you’ll have yourself a copy to refer to. Until then however, you can get yourself moving with a few small changes….and you can do it today. Eat some fruit, instead of that biscuit or cake. Take that long walk, you’ve been thinking about. Jog on the spot !! Dance around your computer!!
In short, take some time to think about becoming more active and making better food choices. It’s a start…..oh and I almost forgot my number 7 suggestion….
Positive energy is contagious. So is negative energy.
Limit your intake of the latter and fill yourself up with the former.
So there you have it – some quick training tips that are not all about the physical. Sometimes we just need to start with the mind and then move on to the body……
Hope you enjoy your day, lovely people. Keep on, keeping on and I’ll see you next time.
As always, I very warmly invite you to share your thoughts or comments, below 🙂